Medmark Occupational Healthcare are looking recruit an Occupational Health Nurse to be based in a Pharmaceutical company in North County Dublin. Reporting to EH&S. This role is responsible for providing a comprehensive and proactive range of occupational health & wellbeing services.
- Annual review of all Occupational Health Policies and Procedures in line with legislation, business changes and audit requirements.
- Coordination of a Health Surveillance Programme including regular assessments
- Completion of pre-employment medicals, interpretation of results and compiling reports
- Carry out risk assessments across the organization as required.
- Co-ordinate completion of VDU Ergonomics Programme and completion and assessment of same.
- Devise a clear coordinated plan to improve employee wellbeing and reduce absenteeism levels.
- Liaising with OHPs, GPs, Physiotherapists and Consultants in managing cases.
- Developing return to work plans following serious injury or a period of prolonged ill health.
- Provision of relevant reports/updates to Managers.
- Follow up on accidents at work and participation in accident investigations in conjunction with the EHS Team where required.
- Assist in completion of risk assessments with the EHS Team where required.
- Coordination of the First Aid Team in conjunction with the EHS Team. Monitoring the efficiency of First Aid equipment suppliers, maintenance of AEDs and regular communication updates to First Aid Team.
- Managing OHP services including scheduling appointments, forwarding referral details, maintaining records of referrals and forwarding invoices to payment.
- Organize First Aid cover for company events where additional First Aid cover may be required or where OHA is unavailable.
- Coordination of vaccination clinics for Seasonal Influenza
- Manual handling training
A recognized qualification in Occupational Health with a minimum of 3-5 years’ work experience preferably in a Manufacturing/pharmaceutical
- Competency in Audiometry, Spirometry, Vision screening and VDU ergonomics.
- Excellent communication skills with strong interpersonal, empathy and listening skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills including time management with proven track record of prioritizing key tasks and delivery to a high professional standard.
- Strong team member with proven ability to establish and maintain effective working people relationships.
Job Type:Permanent Experience: Occupational Health: 2 years (Preferred)
Contact: Amanda Madden ; email@example.com